Saturday, October 9, 2010

Audacity Tutorial Experience

There is always a first time for every little thing that takes place in life. Creating and posting a tutorial about Audacity is a very meaningful experience in the fields of both telecommunications and education.
I personally started from scratch opening an account in Blogger.com. Then, posting simple messages and later, a tutorial on basic aspect about using Audacity. All these aspects were developed using a computer screen in only a few weeks to learn, apprehend,or make concepts mine. Moreover, to teach others what I "know". It is not an easy task to accomplish. There are infinite ways to comprehend what we see. Besides, to try to think what other people would think about our product is a challenge. Thus, the path is just opening as I approach it. I still need to learn how to maneuver all tools that are suitable for teaching kids who belong to the technology era, not to the "chalk board"-teacher centered classroom. But, Are we ready to incorporate what we are learning? Are we allowed to experiment new tools?, do we perceive support? So, a new horizon is showing up. This is our "Teaching Leading" opportunity to shine!
I have personally enjoyed this project, even though I stumbled several times during the weeks, I still do. But, I will never give up. My brain continues working while I am asleep. Hence, dreaming and hard work are present; I am holding them. This is my commitment. Moreover, I want to find out how to do tutorials in the classroom, without using "The Internet" but the teacher's laptop as the only resource in critical "Budget times"

3 comments:

  1. Well said Eduardo. The good thing about some of the web 2.0 tools we have been introduced to is that they are free to download and use. That is critical in this present economy. All the best as you go forward and implement your thoughts and dreams into your classroom.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good points...the learning will continue through this course!

    To address a specific issue you have raised, one of the reasons I like Jing is that it gave me an easy method not for making videos, but for capturing accurate pictures of what was on my screen when I was connected to the web. In this way, I could build a story (using nothing more than powerpoint and images of these screens) so that I could go into a classroom without the internet and still step my students through the process as if I was connected to the internet. With my powerpoint in hand, my students then tried these activities from home or libraries where they had access...and I was able to move the learning forward.

    So not having the internet is only an obstacle and not defeating.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You have the mind set to accomplish all your dreams. You work hard you will make good progress! I liked your tutorial about audacity. I am planning to use it for podcasting at school whenever I need to deliver a long distance lesson !!

    ReplyDelete